Archive for the ‘list’ category
August 14, 2009
- You don’t do anything perfectly.
- You don’t even do anything very well. For a short time (while you are in the midst), everything may feel surprisingly hunky-dory, but as soon as you finish, you see exactly where you went wrong.
- If you do manage to do something well, it’s an incredibly trivial something.
- While what you screw up is vitally important.
- When it rains on the day of a picnic that you planned, you apologize.
- When it rains on the day of a picnic that you did not plan, you apologize.
- When you return your opponent’s tennis ball, managing to score, you apologize.
- When you miss your opponent’s tennis ball, allowing him to score but disrupting the flow of the game, you apologize.
- After you apologize, you apologize. (You know how annoying that can be.)
- Sorry for that last one.